Mold design considerations
In the mold design process should pay attention to what issues?
(1) The wall thickness should be as uniform as possible, and the draft should be large enough.
(2) The transitional part should be gradual, smooth transition, prevent sharp corners.
(3) Gate. The runners should be as wide and short as possible, and the gate location should be set according to the contraction condensation process. If necessary, cool material wells should be added.
(4) The mold surface should be smooth, low roughness (preferably 0.8)
(5) Vents, slots must be sufficient to discharge air and gases from the melt.
(6) In addition to PET, the wall thickness should not be too thin, generally not less than 1mm.